Meet Mrs. Benson

Hello!  My name is Jennifer Benson, and I am so excited to be a 6th grade teacher at Camarena Elementary School.  This is my 7th year in the classroom as well as my 7th year in the Chula Vista Elementary School District.  I have taught both 5th and 6th grade.  Want to know a secret?  6th grade is, by far, my favorite!  My favorite subjects to teacher are math and reading.  Math is fun because I love seeing the “light bulb” go on when students realize they understand a new concept.  In reading, I always pick engaging and relevant text, and the class discussions are so authentic and impressive!

I live in La Mesa with my husband Scott and daughter Ashley.  She will be 1 in August!  We bought a true “fixer upper”, and we spend our weekends checking projects off the never ending to-do list.  I received my bachelor’s degree and teaching credential at San Diego State University.  I am currently getting my Masters of Teaching online through SDSU as well.

I am passionate about providing relevant real world learning and engaging experiences for students.  I am so excited to be a part of the Camarena Family, and I am looking forward to getting to know all of my new students and parents.  Here’s to an exciting year!

FullSizeRender

1 17 18 19