Broadcast

Camarena’s First AT HOME Broadcast!

Mrs. Chatham would like to get as many students to participate as possible in future broadcasts. If you would like to send in mini clips of what you are doing at home, how distance learning is going, or if you simply want to send a shout out message to a friend, then you can add your short (15 second) clip to the ROBO reports Google Drive Account (log in/password is also at the end of the broadcast)
Login: roboreports2013@gmail.com   Password: broadcast2020

Week 2 Lesson Plans

Good morning students & families!  Week 2 distance learning lesson plans are live on Google Classroom.  Please continue to reach out via email or Teams chat if you need anything.  I wish you a wonderful, positive, safe, sunny week.  -Mrs. Benson

Tech Support

If you are having tech issues, please continue to reach out to me for help.  My first suggestion is going to be the following as it really does seem to clear up a lot of issues:

1. Delete all browsing history & data.
  2. Clear the cache.
  3. Shut down and restart computer completely.

Our District has established a Parent Helpline to provide technical support with Microsoft Office 365, Teams, and Achieve 3000.  Office hours are Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Parents may call if they need support with these tools and an IT team member will assist them. You may need to leave a message during peak times but please be reassured that someone will contact you as soon as possible. The parent helpline number is 619-409-6638.

The help line cannot help with any other platform such as Google Classroom, EdPuzzle, or Khan Academy.  Continue sending any concerns with these programs to me and I will help the best I can!

THANK YOU for your continued support!

Live Weekly Meeting in Teams

Our live meeting in Teams will be this Friday at 9am.  For those that could need join us last time, here is a how to guide created for students.  A few things I have learned is that downloading the Teams app is the best option.  Second best is using Chrome.  Do not try to use Safari.  Looking forward to seeing and hearing you all!

Day 2 Check In

Students,

I am so impressed with your resilience, positivity, and hard work!!!  Although I wish we were together, it felt really good being able to ‘connect’ a little bit yesterday by reading some of your work.  I strongly encourage you to check Teams every day & use this feature to chat with me!  The students that have been using it have been really successful.  Everyone who completed Monday’s “Emoji Check In” got a Teams chat comment from me.  Looking forward to connecting with more of you today!

Students contacting Mrs. Benson

If a student has a question or needs to get in contact with me, please do so in one of these ways:

1. Chat feature within Microsoft Teams.  The format is a lot like a text message conversation.  I already started a chat with each student.
  2. Emailjennifer.benson@cvesd.org

Please do not ask questions anywhere within Google (Google Classroom, Google Docs, Google Slides, chat within the lesson plans on Google, etc.)  I do not receive notifications from Google.  Unless I stumble upon the message, it would be overlooked.  Leaving comments within Edublogs is also less effective.

I hope Day 1 went well!  Thank you for your continued support!!!

6th grade camp refunds

We are working with the district to process refunds for camp payments.  Regardless of how you paid, either cash or check, you will be receiving a refund check in the mail from the district.  Your refund was calculated by adding your cash/check payment plus any Butter Braid profit that was applied towards your child’s camp balance.  The process time for this refund is approximately 4 weeks. Please fill out this form by Thursday, April 16th so that the district has the information it needs to process your payment.

Note: Some checks were never deposited.  If at this time your check has not yet been cashed, it will not ever be cashed.  We have written VOID on those checks, and they can be picked up in the Camarena front office once school opens, if you wish.  If you want immediate proof of your voided check, I can send you a picture of the VOID check.

Thank you!

Distance Learning Lesson Plans Week of 4.13.20 – 4.17.20

Students & families,

Use the link to the lesson plans as your guide this week.  You will see the words “in Google Classroom” many times throughout the weekly plans.  These are all assigned and available to students through their Camarena Google Classroom account.  Please remember that any and all work is optional.  Our intention was to provide opportunities for students to continue being engaged in learning.  There are no due dates and work will not be graded.  None of this is meant to cause any additional stress during this time.  If you or your student have any questions or issues please email me at jennifer.benson@cvesd.org.  I hope you have a wonderful week.

1 2 3 4 19