Welcome to 6th grade! Part 2

Dear Families,
The first day of school is right around the corner, and I am so excited to meet your child on Monday morning!  Below you will find all of the information your child needs to successfully log in on Monday.
What should my child do BEFORE Monday to be prepared?
  • Download the Zoom app (which seems to work better than using the web browser) and if possible, do a practice meeting with your child.  Please tell your child to use his/her first & last name when logging on to live meetings.
  • Explore our Virtual Classroom.
  • Have your child add our class to his/her Google Classroom using the class code: ecdxa6z
What should my child do on Monday August 31st?
  • At 8:45am, go to our Virtual Classroom and click STUDENTS.  Then click DAILY CHECK IN – this directs them to fill out a Google Form check in for the day.
  • Next, click DAILY LESSON PLANS.  Open the Google Slides presentation called MONDAY AUGUST 31. (This will not be available live until the end of the weekend.)  Here you will find the instructions to log on to Zoom.  I will start the meeting a few minutes before 9am.  This information is also right here:

Zoom link
    Meeting ID: 921 2135 6921
    Passcode: benson

• From this point forward I will be “face to face” with your child and can direct the class from here.

A few things to note:
  • I created the Virtual Classroom to serve as a hub for all information students and parents might need.  It is still a work in progress!
  • If you click on PARENTS and then on YOUR CHILD’S SCHEDULE, you will see the schedule for week 1 as well as the regular schedule starting week 2.  For the first week of school, your child’s day begins at 8:45.  This is only for the first week.  You will see on the schedule that starting week 2, the day will begin at 8:15am and end at 12:15pm – the school wide lunch time.
  • During the first week of school I will be meeting one-on-one with each child.  While I meet with your child, if you are available, you are more than welcome to pop in and say hello!
  • I am a better teacher when I can see your child’s face.  It is not a mandate to keep cameras on during Live instruction, but it does make for a significantly better experience.  I want to build the same relationship with your child online that I would have in person.  Please help me by encouraging your child to show his/her wonderful face and by participating during our discussions.
  • If your child is new to Camarena, please e-mail me ASAP to let me know.
Please, please do not ever hesitate to reach out!  If there is anything you want me to know, please e-mail me.  I will always be happy to schedule a phone or video conference!  This is a new journey, and there may be challenges.  I am confident there will also be many successes and memories made.  Thank you for trusting me with your child!